Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Saturday, December 14, 2013

Dry Shampoo [Beauty Breakdown]

Well I'm back everyone, can you believe it?
Here's a quick update on whats been going in my life and why I needed a Hiatus. I've just finished my first year of grad school and while that doesn't seem like it would be a lot... it has been. Also, Suzanne is starting off on her own adventure at the end of this month, but I won't spoil any of that for you all!

Anyways, back to what today's post is all about.... Dry Shampoo!
[All the dry shampoos currently in my hair drawer]



Now lets be honest girls, washing our hair everyday is an absolute pain in the butt. It takes forever to dry and not to mention the heat on your hair everyday from the blow dryer + styling tools is not exactly the best for our hair.

This leads us to the revolutionary idea of dry shampoo. I swear I owe a really nice gift basket to the person who ever thought of this product!

Dry Shampoo is a powder formula that comes out in a spray that soaks up the oil in your hair to make it look freshly washed. At least that is what it is supposed to do...

On the market there are several out there and each has its pros and cons. Some offer no white residue on your hair, but the price is out of this world for a can of it. While others are a great price but leave your hair feeling icky. You can find them in the high end sections or at the drugstore. So is there one that is really worth it?

Yes! Ladies, Batiste Dry Shampoo is my holy grail. They offer a variety of scents and even have some that are made for brunettes and blondes if you want a little color (not crazy pigmented or anything like that)

It's priced around $9 but might vary from store to store. I know that in my city I have only seen it sold in our Ulta, So I linked the name above to where you girls can pick up some. It really is worth the money and saves you washes on the hair. The picture below is my hair second day with no filter using the dry shampoo. Trust me, my hair is naturally oily so this stuff is a life saver for me.

Now I'm not saying that I have tried all the dry shampoos out there, but I have tried my fair share and I always come back to this and recommend it completely! It leaves my hair feeling fresh and without the white powder on my hair.

So all I do to apply the dry shampoo is before I do my makeup or hair, I spray some of it all over my roots [where it is oily] and then shake it in like I'm washing my hair and then run a brush through. [yep, it's that easy!]

Go out and get you some girl.... skip the hassle of wash and dry and fake it till you make it!

What's your favorite dry shampoo? Which one should I try next/review?

C'est la vie my much missed readers,


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave us a comment! We love every one of them. <3