Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Thursday, September 1, 2011

TBBC UPDATE: The Help

Hi my little bookworms, today I finally finished The Help. And let me just say...

I jumped on the Bandwagon on this one ladies. I loved it! I found myself every night, right before I would settle in, finishing up chapters after chapters. It was such a wonderful read. Honestly, I fell in love with this story and I even cried while I finished reading it. Did you?

Kathryn Stockett really puts you in the places of each of her main characters and for me, I couldn't help but connect to each of them while I was reading.

Isn't that what makes a great book? Do you connect with the characters or do you just merely read the story they are telling? For me, I love feeling like I know each of the characters personally! After reading the book, I really felt like I knew these women. At moments, I imagine what it would have been like to sit at that table with Minny, Aibileen and Skeeter. Wouldn't that have been something??

It is hard for me to pick my favorite character since I adored most of them. But if I had to pick, I would probably say Minny. She reminds me a lot of myself. She doesn't take crap from anyone (expect maybe Leroy at times)... She is such a bold, brave and beautiful woman! She's hard not to love. But than again, they all are. 

Who was your favorite character? Which one reminds you of yourself or maybe the person you would like to be?

I'll be announcing our next book on Friday, so you can pick it up this weekend!
Happy Reading,
Jackie


Something extra: My favorite quotes from the book were:

"Wasnt that the point of the book? For women to realize, We are just two people. Not that much separates us. Not nearly as much as I'd thought."

"and its a strange thing happening here cause nobody saying nothing and we still managing to have us a conversation."

and finally "You is kind. You is smart. You is important." What were you favorite quotes.. leave them in the comments below. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave us a comment! We love every one of them. <3